Wednesday 16 December 2015

Christmas is Coming

I don't know about you, but I can feel christmas in the air. As Phil Lester famously said, 'I can feel santa entering my blood.' And it is completely true. It's as if a switch has been flicked. All of a sudden you see fairy lights twinkling in lounge windows. Christmas shoppers scrambling around for the best deals. You can almost hear the fistfights. Carols. Even here in the southern hemisphere, where the weather is getting warmer, you can feel the christmas spirit like you in the northern hemisphere can feel the cold wind on your faces. (Sucks to be you)

I love christmas. It is by far my most favourite time of year. If I had to skip christmas or my birthday, I would skip my birthday in a heartbeat. But christmas is not without it's flaws. One of the things I find hardest is choosing gifts for people. So because I am so obviously good at it, why not show you how I do it with another Lily's totally reliable guide!

Lily's guide to choosing a gift your familymember/friend/personyougotforsecretsantathatyoudon'treallylike will love.

1. Find out what they like! Wether it's asking one of their friends or asking them yourself, this is one of the best ways to get ideas for a present. If your gift is for a secret santa you can even start a conversation about what you want from your secret santa and direct the conversation to what they might want. (Works every time!)

2. When purchasing for a brother or male friend, keep in mind that a gift you put a lot of thought into might be received like it doesn't mean anything. Boys don't often pay attention to such things.
Sometimes it is best to go with food. I bought my brother a large bucket of maltesers and he was on very good terms with me for at least 3 days.

3. When in doubt, go with food. Need I say more?

4. Don't buy your teacher 'World's best teacher' gifts. My aunt is a teacher and she hates it. She doesn't like being reminded of school when she is enjoying christmas at home. And to be honest, neither do most students.

5. Sometimes it's all in the wrapping. A bow can make a big difference. Trust me.

That is all I have to say. I am bad at endings. I am a robot. A christmas robot.

Sayonara, Lily

P.S. I am aware of the fact this is a bit late for a christmas post. From the bottom of my procrastinating heart, I'm sorry.



1 comment:

anonymous,teengirlxoxo said...

WOW!!!! You are AMAZING!!!!
Your blog is soooo much better than mine