Monday 28 November 2016

If My Life Was a Musical

Hi guys!

Recently, I’ve been completely obsessed with musicals. It all started when I went to see Annie a couple of years ago in Wellington. I was entranced by the dancing, the music and all of the sets. You can get lost in the story that is playing out right before your eyes. I also liked how people could spontaneously break into song without being judged. 

And, as they say, the rest was history. I am now a self confessed musical nerd and I love all musicals from Into the Woods to Hairspray and everything in between. And if that wasn’t enough, I recently auditioned for my school musical and am pleased to say I got in! So now all of my waking hours are spent jamming to Footloose. I have no regrets. (I also have rehearsal this morning and I really should be looking over my music.)

So, the natural progression in my musical journey is to make my own musical.
Before you ask, yes friends, I am in that deep. So here is the list of songs for Lily, the musical. 

1. Moving house again! - A feverish, exited song about adventures.

2. Stop annoying me!/Brothers - A soulful ballad requesting my brothers to leave me alone.

3. The new girl - A song sung by the school chorus not unlike ‘Belle’ from Beauty and the Beast

4. Just let me read - As the title says.

5. An optimist like me

Molly: I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist!
Me: Look on the bright side Molly
Me: It only gets better from here
Me: Turn that frown upside down
Me:Be an optimist like me!  
Molly: That doesn’t even rhyme.

6. Just overcommitted - This could be the soundtrack to my life.

7. No-one understands me/I’m not an emo! - Dramatic soulful ballad questioning if I will ever find someone who understands and accepts my weirdness.

8. Awkward/What a klutz - An  a cappella number with harmonies consisted of the words: ‘ Sorry! I am so so sorry!’ 

9. Stop annoying me - Reprise

10. One in a Million - Dramatic finale song.


I hope you are enlightened and inspired by this list of songs. I sure had a lot of fun writing them.
If your life was a musical, what songs would you sing? What genre would it be? Do you have any favourite musicals? Let me know down in the comments!
Au Revoir, Lily




No comments: